The Mortigeist is BOUND....for now.

Post Warcry 2023 - ...

Notifications
Clear all

Post Warcry 2023 - The Biggest Thank You Post!

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Dave Ruckus
(@daveruckus)
Member Admin
Topic starter

There’s probably a good correlation between how much you put into an event and how long it takes to recover enough to say thank you. We put a lot into this event. This was the toughest Warcry I’ve ever done but we did it and we only did it because of all of you.

So, I hope you had fun, I hope you enjoyed the stories we worked so hard to tell, and I hope you made a ton of new friends (and at least 3 enemies).

Tammy and I want to thank my entire Shaper and Narrator team first. Kieran, Trevor, Jay, Sethan, Jeremy and Adam. You all really pulled through and exceeded expectations. Special thanks to Kendra and Anthony who did a bunch of prep but couldn’t make the event. Our Narrators Kae, Bianca, Jon, Monica, and Miranda were the best. You all pretty much stepped up and shaped at times. B was the best Black Wytch.

Our Monster Marshals, Jeff and Coleman were insane. You guys did so good and never once appeared frustrated. Given how quickly we had to deviate from the game plan, you guys took it all in stride.

Our Site Manager and Lead Logistics, Patrick and our NPC Camp Lead, Thai, both of you guys showed up well before Warcry and helped us get the land and props in order. You guys did so much and we’re so grateful.

Our Log Team, Gaylen, Val, Caro, Jordan, and Lilly.  Max’s Armour and Weapons Marshal team, Rio and Meagan, all did a fantastic job. Same with our last minute but incredibly important photo ninja’s, Cass and Michael. Thank you, you saved us from a promo perspective. 

I want to personally thank Val for stepping up and playing Revna Mothersblood for us. Val was supposed to PC that event but she did me the biggest solid and helped cover for Kendra when she got sick. Val, you did an incredible job with Revna. You made this game. We had some Mournfall people that stepped up and took roles / leadership positions when they didn’t have to. I don’t know everybody but Max, Chris, and Andrew (best) stood out to me. Thank you to all of them. Same with Kyle Fair (Blood and Glory!) who helped run some cool RP elements of a few of the final mods that really made them pop. I also want to thank my partners in crime, Tammy and Edward. Tammy just is Tammy and did everything and I love her for it. Edward played the Mortigiest (RIP) and came all the way out from Toronto just for the hour-long role. We couldn’t have done it with any other player.

Give it up also for Greg and his tavern crew. Greg did a TON of work to get this together in short notice. If you owe him money… PAY HIM. He earned it. <3

Finally, our GMs for showing up in force, dragging their players with them, and also helping us out on the backend when needed. We want to thank our NPCs, shifties and ultimately you, our players. You guys did a great job. Everybody looked amazing. Your kit, your character development and your desire to roleplay is what sets UW above other LARPS. I am proud of what we did here last weekend.

If I missed anybody, please throw me a PM. Event Summary is getting proofed and getting close to closing this chapter.
Until next time.

Posted : 09/08/2023 12:03 pm
Share: