Post Warcry 2019 Event Summary Part 1 of 2

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Dave Ruckus
(@daveruckus)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Mortals of all realms, heed my words. I am High Chronologer Esxen’Tenadall of the Thalan. Below is an account, unbiased, of the War of Amaranthia in the year 2261. Let these words serve well to inform all across Arthos of what transpired in that critical time.

August 1st, 2261, The Island of Melinda, The Whiteraven Encampment. 

Suvant flies directly above. A ritual circle used to “ascend” people up and down is on a raised platform. On either side stand Lord Jjik’da Shalonost and Lady Ulya Sumendar.

Lord Jjik'da speaks. “I don’t care what you were told, Ulya. You fly under our rules or you do not travel at all. Accuse me of murder.” His voice is like dry leaves. “Sumendars; always with the dramatics.”

Ulya responds with fury. “Unacceptable, Lord Jjik'da. We were informed by the Emperor himself that House Shalonost would NOT be leading Suvant into this assault. Your statement is an outright lie! An act of war!”

“The Emperor himself?” Jjik’da responds, scoffing. “My dear foolish Ulya. Berphaunt does not decide Shalonost’s fate. WE ARE THE EMPIRE HERE!”

A hush gathers over the crowd, the sea of soldiers parting to reveal Emperor Louis Berphaunt, followed by Archbishop Rodrick Hale, Cleric of Roland and leader of the Church of Light. At Hale’s side, his Paladin of Kael, the Wood Fae Ashter of the Dawn. All kneel as they pass. 

The Emperor speaks, but his voice is muted, almost devoid of emotion or personality. “No, Elf. I am the Empire. Archbishop Hale, as you will.” 

The Archbishop gives a slight nod to Ashter, as she withdraws a glowing set of weighing scales, holding it forth towards Jjik'da. Beams of arcane sunfire echo forth repeatedly from the object, striking the High Elven Lord and consuming him in holy light undoubtedly from that of the God, Kael himself. Paralyzed and burning in a swirling torrent of white flames, Jjik'da collapses on the ground as the crowd gasps. 

The Archbishop steps forward shouting commands with his voice, “Vile creature of the night, I am the hand of Roland and I bind you! With chains of law and tempered justice, I bind you! By the crimes of your past: the murders, genocide, and communing with the Darkness, I bind you! No longer shall you, nor your House, plague these lands. By the will of Roland, let no tyrant rise that is not brought down by his divine judgement. You are bound by the Light!”

White chains materialize out of the glowing embers surrounding Jjik’da, and snap shut around him. His form sizzles as the holy chains begins to completely encase his body below the neck. Hale nods to Ashter who puts away the Relic, and then turns to Ulya Sumendar

“Great Darkness makes strange bedfellows it seems,” he speaks. “The Church of Light stands united with the Empire to wipe the scourge of Ga’more off the face of Arthos. As for the House of Shalonost however-” he pauses, casting a steely glare to Jjik’da.“-they shall darken your halls no more.”

Lord Jjik'da with the last of his strength as the chains tighten, cries out, “Betrayal!”

“Not betrayal… Justice.” The Emperor’s voice is cold and uncaring, as, he turns then to Ulya. “Suvant is yours. Let us end this.”

Ulya stares wide-eyed, barely managing to stammer with composure, “I take commands from the Whiteraven Alliance council not-” 

Hale holds up his hand to interrupt. “-It is with my blessing.”

“Very well. Deminis’Thalan of House Sumendar, take him and round up the rest of his House. Have them all transported up to the city dungeons. Suvant belongs to the Council once more.“

August 1st, 2261, The Island of Melinda, Empire Encampment. 

The Skein Gate on Melinda flares to life, viewing into the dock of Berphaunt Capital. The Emperor's Juggernaut class warship is almost on the horizon. Thousands and thousands of Empire citizens are there, all waving goodbye. They wait for the queue to enter the Skein Gate to Melinda and join the fight. On the dock, The Empress stands holding her son, Prince Damarion, with her right hand, Dragon Knight Imrik at her side. The Empress addresses the crowd. “The Empire calls upon you once again, my loyal subjects. Ga’more is but a bug, and what does The Empire do to bugs? We crush them under our boots!” There is a roaring cheer from the gathered crowds as she continues her speech.“Be the boot of the Em-!”A messenger, bloodied and out of breath runs to the deck past the guards. He is shouting desperately at the leaving warship. “MY EMPEROR, I BEAR A MESSAGE!!!”

The Empress stops him, with an icy smile that barely hides annoyance. “I am your Empress and his wife. I can assure you I will have the Skein Dominion send it to him post haste, dear boy.”

The messenger, fearfully responds. “I am s-sorry your Imperial Majesty, these words are for the Emperor's eyes only. I have direct orders from-”

Imrik steps forward then, holding a one-handed spear to the messenger’s neck. “You will do as your Empress tells you.”

The messenger gulps, hesitantly handing the message to the Empress’ outstretched hand. She spends a few seconds reading before addressing the crowd one again. “Citizens of the Empire, it is with a heavy heart that I must announce that Princess Amelia and Princess Bernadette have died. We thought to keep them safe from the assassins sent by their traitorous sister Louisa, but it appears the strain of that betrayal was too much to bear.”The Empress pauses, barely mocking holding back tears.“They leaped from the tower window and took their own lives. Let us bow our heads in a moment of silence.”

Less than two seconds later she speaks again. “Their loss is a tragedy, but every cloud has a silver lining. With the loss of my dear step daughters and Louisa herself being formally disowned by my loving husband, this unfortunate series of events marks a hidden joyous occasion. I speak of the coronation of Prince Damarion, now first heir to the Empire.”

She holds up the swaddled baby to the crowd who all begin to cheer. 

Imrik shouts above the roaring masses.“LONG LIVE PRINCE DAMARION!”

“LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!”

“LONG LIVE THE EMPRESS!”

The crowd returns the chant, over and over until the Skein Gate closes. Beneath his breath, however still loud enough to transmit through the Skein Gate, Imrik whispers to the Empress, “Shall I inform the Emperor?”The Empress slowly shakes her head no as the Skein Gate image closes

August 1st, 2261, The Island of Melinda, Sons of Sprawn Encampment. 

The Sons of Sprawn discover an ancient prophecy speaking of something called the Savage Legion that will arise when specific conditions are met. Additionally, Rebel leader Louisa Berphaunt explains that the Berphauntian bloodline was once primitive Am’Rath. Shiloth had been, since time immemorial, having children with Chieftains and subsequently Kings of ancient Berphaunt. Through her racial manipulations these children would evolve into Berphauntian Humans of today, their bloodline forever intertwined with the Dragon’s own.

August 2nd, 2261, The Island of Melinda, Central Encampment. 

Our adventurers meet in Melinda. Essyllt is there in her Draconic form; a small house cat-sized purple Dragon. She reiterates what she has spoken before, in that she has chosen them to strike Ga’more and his dominated pet Firstborn, Ta-Ba-Ret. While Empire, Whiteraven and Sons of Sprawn forces drop in from Suvant and siege the shores of Amaranthia via naval assault, they will create a pocket around the Prism Discordia for our adventurers to liberate. She’ll be transporting Suvant through the Far Realm like she did unsuccessfully with a small group of adventurers years ago, however this time she chose to be there personally. I watch then as Essyllt unleashed her own breath weapon at her feet, the first time it has ever been witnessed being used upon a Firstborn, severing herself from her bindings that holds her to her territory. Though this would allow her to move freely, it was a grave crime according to the Codex Dracona. From there she ushers everybody into Suvant and places them into a deep slumber to stave off the maddening sights of the Far Realm. When our adventurers awaken, they find themselves marked by a strange Fae Mark on their right hands that swiftly fades from view. Below them lies the Brood-infested ruins of the once great continent of Amaranthia.

August 2nd, 2261, Amaranthia. The Prism Discordia. 

Once prepared our adventurers were dropped into strategic points outside of the Prism, liberating them from their Brood-infested enemies and planting special Empress Brood eggs, given by the Orcs of the Ebon Khan. These eggs, once planted, obfuscated the strike team from the Hivemind of Ga’more, rendering them at least partially invisible to his ever watching eyes. Once the outlining campsites were secured, the Prism itself was the next strike target. As they reached the gates, a construct or manifestation of the Prism Discordia appeared before them. He appeared in the form of a multicoloured Draconian calling himself The Custodian. He informs them that the Prism is infested with Brood and Ga’more has somehow corrupted the Everlight, a beam of pure white light that refracts into the constituent colours. This refraction allows the Firstborn to use a small circle of power within the Prism as if it were their own territory, and hold council in their Mortal Forms. With the light inside blocked, the Firstborn have been unable to meet in such a fashion in over 1500 years. It was then the God of Domination, Ga’more first made his appearance. Rising seemingly out of a swarm of bugs, the fissure-like wound on his head left by the now deceased God of Thunder’s mighty hammer years back was still oozing fresh blood. He taunts them for a moment before dispersing in the same swarm of insects as he arrived. The Custodian pays him no mind, and opens the massive gates to the Prism Discordia.

The battle that occurred was long, brutal, and bloody. As the strike team cleared the Brood it became apparent the Prism held within its walls a root of the World Tree, used by many as a passage or portal between realms. It had become corrupted by Ga’more and at its apex, a corpse had been placed, blocking the Everlight from separating into its colours, thus denying the Firstborn access to their council chambers. To make matters worse the Prism Guardians, Golems of incredible power, had also become corrupted by what was dubbed, “Controller Brood.” These tiny bugs had the ability to burrow their way inside a construct or golem, and control its inner workings through the Hivemind. A second brutal battle ensued, but once success had been earned, control of the Prism Guardians was wrested back by The Custodian. He used the giant Guardian to knock the corpse from the root and onto the ground below. What transpired next was confusing for all. The body that fell from that root was that of the God Ga’more, yet 1500 years dead, who had just been seen at the gates moments before. However, his mummified corpse betrayed evidence of something more sinister than a mere death ruse. His chest has been exploded outwards, ribs cracked open, as if something had escaped from the inside out. 

Essyllt entered the area next, and it was her, The Custodian and a few clever minds that put the conundrum to rest. Ga’more had not dominated the Firstborn Ta-Ba-Ret, Creator of The Brood. Ga’more was Ta-Ba-Ret. Essyllt came clean admitting that, 1500 years ago, Ta-Ba-Ret was her friend and ally. She claims she was manipulated by Shiloth at the time to convince Ta-Ba-Ret that now was the time to strike against Ga’more, the Firstborn’s immortal enemy who had been making ground in her territory. It was a foolish mistake on Ta-Ba-Ret’s part, as he was quickly dominated by the Deity. The Firstborn of the Prism have a code they must follow, and one such commandment is that no Firstborn should be corrupted by the Divine. Having his mind be usurped by Ga’more, Ta-Ba-Ret was tried by the Firstborn council, found corrupted, and made Ruinous under their edicts. Death was to be his punishment, yet Essyllt could not stomach this as she felt at fault for his domination to begin with. With the aid of another she used her now known to be Draconic territory severing breath weapon, powerful Fae magic, and illusion to trick the other Firstborn into believing his execution had occurred. In truth,she allowed him to escape, releasing his mind from Ga’more and hoping he would take his newfound freedom and flee. Ta-Ba-Ret, however, had other plans. Untethered from the binds that held him to his territory, he began a campaign of vengeance through Amarthania, starting with the God that dared to harm him; Ga’more. This time, Ga’more was unprepared for his once controlled servant to assault him directly, and was killed.Ta-Ba-Ret then used his uncouth breath weapon on the God, implanting a singular egg in his chest. Like a snake that sheds its skin, Ta-Ba-Ret emerged anew from the God’s corpse, and like a freshly hatched Brood Queen, took on the appearance and powers of his host. He placed Ga’more’s divine corpse in the center of the Prism, using it to block the Everlight, and hiding his crimes from the Firstborn and their council. His new form and control over Dark magic would be kept secret from all.

With the corpse of the old god removed, the Everlight shone through, activating the Prism Discordia to its former glory. The Firstborn, having been denied access to their council chambers for over a millennia years began to appear. Tezoth, Shiloth, Styphon, Doranth, and Rathenoch made their presence known, appearing with grandeur in their Mortal Forms within their circles of protection. Nidhogg the Worldeater Firstborn appeared shortly after, looking immensely indifferent to the proceedings. The last to enter the council was Essyllt, which led to great confusion from the other Firstborn when they discovered she was physically there and not appearing in a protection circle like the others. Thelonius Von Eisenbach, a Minotaur Dragon Knight of Physignathus, was chosen to represent his Firstborn in the meeting. Tezoth the Gold began to lead the meeting. Three topics were discussed in the short while they were there. The first was Ta-Ba-Ret and the severity of his sentence. The decision chosen by the council was the punishment of death. The second was what to do about the mortals, and those Champions and Demagogues who had brought a Divine presence with them into the Prism. The decision was made that Ta-Ba-Ret was too big a threat to allow for any other thought than his complete and utter destruction. A truce was made by all Firstborn to aid the mortals,even those among them who were Divinely inclined, so long as it meant Ta-Ba-Ret’s demise. To do this they announced they would assist the mortals with their magic. Their power and influence in the area was weak after having been cut off from the Prism, so they agreed to bestow gifts of power to the mortals in the fight against Ta-Ba-Ret, if they first aided them in tasks that would strengthen their connection in the area. It was at this time that Nidhogg, clearly bored of the entire affair, tunneled into the ground and left the council. The third and final topic caused contention and disbelief amongst many. Essyllt had been discovered to be responsible for aiding Ta-Ba-Ret by orchestrating his fake execution. A crime by the Codex Dracona, the rules by which all Firstborn follow, that was punishable by death. In addition, Essyllt had severed herself from her territory to bring the mortals to Amaranthia safely, yet another crime that was punishable by death. However, on her request, the council decided to deal with her trial after Ta-Ba-Ret was defeated. Just as the Firstborn were readying to leave, Ta-Ba-Ret emerged into the Prism, as his Draconic heritage still allowed him entrance. He demanded to know why they had the right to classify him as Ruinous, when they left him on Amaranthia to die. In a swift motion, Tezoth utilized his breath weapon of Final Judgement upon Ta-Ba-Ret. The blast of sunlight seemed to obliterate the Brood Dragon, but onlookers saw his form slowly regenerating as it quickly gated out of the area. The council then departed and the Firstborn returned to their lairs, leaving Essyllt, The Custodian, and the mortal adventurers to their own devices.

A short while later, under the cover of darkness, Styphon the Black Wyrm returned. His task was given to those with only the blackest hearts, or the most curious souls. He reached deep within his acid dripping maw and removed one of his own sharp teeth. He gifted it to those that gathered to aid him. They were tasked with travelling to an old crypt and placing the tooth in the corpse of an ancient Am’Rath Chieftain turned King. This corpse, now imbued with the direct necromantic power of Styphon, rose up as a powerful unliving skeleton, taking his place among the Army of the Black Wyrm. The Undead king, was believed to be the first king of the Berphantian line, and bolstered Styphon’s forces on the battlefield. Styphon thanked those that aided him, gifting each with his Mark to be used in the coming battle against Ta-Ba-Ret. 

The following is an account of the events that transpired on August the 3rd, 2261. There were many events of significance, so here I pen the collected stories of my fellow witnesses.  We swear this narrative to be as accurate and honest as possible.

August 3rd, 2261, Amaranthia. Various Locations

As dawn broke over the Prism Discordia, Raldimar of the Eye of L’lyandra Tribe passed through the various camps, collecting Wild Elves. They gathered in the remains of an ancient place that Elves of all kinds would pilgrimage to gain an audience with the Dragons. They spoke of gathering materials to mix with inks from Day’ten and Melinda, so they could tattoo markings as a memorial for the previous wars. They set out to gather what was needed, but soon were met by the Wild Elf inhabitants of Amaranthia. The Ragnatughn, more commonly known as The Funnel Web Tribe, had been on Amaranthia for centuries,  each of them choosing to become spider Therians as a rite of passage into adulthood.

The Funnel Webs took some representatives back to their camp, while the rest of the Wild Elves returned to the sanctity of the Prism. The elders of the tribe decided to send some tribesmen back with their guests to determine their worth as allies. After only a brief examination of the warriors of Maud’madir, the elders were unimpressed and looked to be rejecting any ideas of being allies.

The Dragon Essyllt gathered those friendly to the Dragons for some morning activities.  Leading them through a series of stories, they completed her task with smiling faces. She offered each her Mark, ensuring her assistance in future endeavors would not go unnoticed. It seemed to this observer that she had plans within plans yet to unfold.

Throughout the afternoon and evening, the other Dragons would call on those loyal to their kind for favors, such as collecting some valuable items or information for them.  Those assisting Doranth managed to unearth lore on a Dragon thought long lost to them. A Firstborn that once venerated life and its passage, now with a natural proclivity for death. Whatever name the Dragon once bore had been lost to time, and instead was replaced by a single word; Oblivion. Tezoth’s assistants brought clarity of law to some tribes of Am’Rath, giving them a tablet carved with the words of Tezoth’s view of justice. None stood idle while waiting for the next move in this conflict.  

The Ebon Khan of Amaranthia, bolstered by numbers of the Sons of Sprawn from Maud’madir were working themselves into a frenzy. They had heard the legends of The Savage Legion, and each wanted to be the one to find their secrets and rise above the others. Leadership of the Bar’Ghul Clan was still in contest between the Ogres Vyacheslav the Crimson Ledger and Dominika Grim Harvest. The Sons of Sprawn had quickly learned that Vyacheslav the Crimson Ledger had taken all his followers from their home on Mount Dracos with many stolen tomes and scrolls from the Bar’Ghul’s stores. He fled to Amaranthia with intentions to acquire a powerful mana source left behind my ancient Grey Elves, and use it to twist all the necromancy within the clan’s bloodline into wytchcraft. Dominika swiftly followed Vyacheslav to the continent in the hopes of doing the opposite to her rival. The Brewlord Clan begrudgingly took the side of Dominika Grim Harvest not wishing to see a Wytch in control of so many Ogrish souls. Led by their Warchief, Gigoliath the Flame Thrower, the Brewlords reached the mana source first alongside Warchief Grundella the Untangled of Clan Blackthorn. They denied Vyacheslav’s claim to the mana well and the mantle of leadership, as he attempted to sway them to his views of a new Bar’Ghul.  Dominika then killed him, and was allowed to utilize the source under threat of death by Gigoliath should she betray the Sons of Sprawn. Though it was not directly viewed, it is said that Dominika tore the heart from her rival and made him her Undead servant, after all Wytchcraft was removed from the Bar’Ghul’s bloodline. It was further implied she would use her newfound power to make herself a Lich.

In the early evening, military personnel lead by Prince Leopold of Tiefanue and Commander Aayden Drach of the 7th Company Imperial Dragoons came to gather the assembled forces in order to gain some information on the enemy’s location and defenses.  Knowing the general area they would need to assault, they were led adjacent to an overlooking ridge. There was a lot of resistance, but stealth was not the objective. They reached their point of vantage and were able to gain the knowledge they needed for the assault to come. Three Brood Empresses, each breeding a different kind of special Brood were seen. A three stage assault was planned to clear the way so the enemy could be destroyed forever.

Upon their return, two younger members of the Funnel Web Tribe made haste to greet and speak to any who would listen. They explained their elders had no intent of being allies, and would ambush the survivors of the final battle to bolster their stores of food.  They told a tale of desire for redemption and escape from the shackles of being Therians. It was promised that if those who had come to kill Ta-Ba-Ret would kill the elder council, the tribe would fall to the leadership of the young and like-minded. Not only would the Funnel Web Elves assist as much needed allies, they would destroy the elder’s stolen blood of Ixiad that grants them the curse of the spider.  All they asked was their younger members be allowed to start new lives across the great sea, free from the blood’s cursed touch. It was agreed, and the elders were slain. Keeping their word, the Funnel Webs burned the blood they had stolen centuries ago. In the process, a thin red fog spread through the area, steeling the nerves of all the adventurers before dispersing.

As the day began to give way to night, everyone gathered for the assault on the Brood Empresses, using the reconnaissance gained earlier in the day. They were joined by Pawp! The Last Boom, Exarch Setth Winter, Cleric of Malagant, and Major Courtney Uhlmann, Paragon of Cassandra. Each led their own units to make way for the frontal assault. The battle had been going well, and each unit performed masterfully.  Sieur Aba’ttage Fleau, The Mailed Fist of Suvant, Lord of House Fleau, lit the signal for Suvant to join the attack and batter down a tsunami-sized wave of black brood that stood in the way of the ground forces. On its top, mocking them, stood the Firstborn in Ga’more’s form, Ta-Ba-Ret. The decision was made to take the shot. 

High above on the flying city of Suvant, High Elven and Conclave mages channeled spell after spell into the ancient crystals at the center of their towers.  As all 36 spires, including the massive central spire, powered up and begin to glow blue, Suvant unleashed her full arsenal on the great wall of black brood and the Firstborn standing atop them. For a moment time slowed. Then, obviously controlled by a single mind, the entirety of the Brood barricade turned, revealing their silvery reflective carapaces. Ta-Ba-Ret smiled for but a moment before wordlessly sinking downwards to the center of his horde of Brood. One by one each enchanted ordnance struck true to their target, but then ricocheted back at their source. Shot after shot stuck Brood then back to Suvant, rocking the flying fortress and sending magical explosions and debris throughout her once beautiful streets. So great was the damage that three of the four crystalline mana sources that keep her aloft, cracked and broke apart. Eldritch blue flames leaked and arced arcane magic across her underbelly before shattering pieces of stone and crystal with a deafening clap. Her one single remaining power source, although undamaged, was unable to bear the weight of the fortress alone, and the city began to spiral downwards. This swath of destruction was so swift that it was over in a matter of moments. 

As the last of the explosions echoed into the night, Suvant fell like a meteor. With a massive earth-shaking crash, the once wondrous capital of the High Elves that was Suvant exploded and burned in the far distance as it struck the Arthos. The black brood remaining, their purpose completed, buried into the ground. When the smoke cleared, the barricade of Brood, and Ta-Ba-Ret had vanished. 

Darkness was falling and everyone present held their breath as they looked on in horror.  For many, screams caught in their throats and tears began streaming as smoke and ash plumed into the sky. She landed with sickening sounds of buildings collapsing, spires falling and magic erupting into implosive and explosive devastation.  None can say for certain if the screams they heard were from the falling symbol of hope dying, or from the people at their side.  

There would be no time to mourn this catastrophic loss.  Realization dawned in the minds of hundreds on the field. How many Elven lives were on Suvant as it fell? Echoing in the air mere moments after, insane cackles replaced the heartfelt anguish. Hellgates ripped open across the hilly landscape, as the Shattered Elves were freed from their prison. Right behind the coming wave of Shattered beings, the dreaded Mortigeist strode out, his spear Darkshard firmly grasped in his hand. While the non-essentials had been evacuated, Suvant still held a vast complement of Elven troops. All those deaths at once had accelerated the Mortigeist’s power enough to break the locks of his Mizzer’baugh cell immediately. The horror of Elves was loosed upon the field of battle alongside those that herald his coming.  Elves were being hauled off the field of battle toward safety. Enna Summerlark, Paladin of Ll’yandra stood fast against the coming tide, cutting through swathes of Shattered Elves to give her Elven brethren a chance to flee. Non-Elves stood to provide cover for those in retreat. The Ogre Ostrozne Ghul Zjadacz, Cleric of Roland, and those who served with the Blood Red Rose valiantly stood their ground, allowing countless others to escape. Ostrozne then ordered his companions to leave, planting Ward after Ward of Light Magic in the way of the Shattered Elves. He single handedly defied death for as long as he could, pushing back the screaming and wailing horde with each blast of his Divine magic. With his Wards spent, he fell under the tide of Demonic servants, but bought the lives of many with his sacrifice.  Other demonstrations of self-sacrifice occurred as salt, vinegar, and acrid contempt were poured into the fresh wound that was the loss of Suvant.

Over the course of the following nights and days, teams were dispatched to rescue and search for survivors.  Many were confirmed lost, and the fates of many more remained unknown. It is rumored that Jjik'da of the recently defunct House Shalanost was found and inadvertently released from confinement.  Suspicion turned to truth when The Emperor’s camps were attacked by former Shalonost forces in the nights that followed.

Those of the Brewlord Clan who survived and were capable were sent out to find an explosives master by the name of Snotbog, the Warchief of the Spawn of Sprawn. Tasked with convincing the aging Kobold to rejoin the amassing Savage Legion, they made their way through a trap-laden pathway. At the end they found Snotbog all alone, but the eyes and traps of his clan were all around them in the thick, deadly jungle. While apprehension gripped the Orcs, their Kobold companion Ruufos, decided to go forward first to speak to Snotbog, who had obviously gone over the proverbial edge. After a brief conversation, he said that he would have to be convinced to return with his Spawn of Sprawn forces. Grundella had offended him greatly in not inviting the Spawn of Sprawn to aid in the war, and so proper tribute and appreciation had to be shown. He sent them to a nearby munitions depot that the Brood had overrun and turned into a breeding hive. After such a long evening of sorrow, fortune showed itself in the form of a detonator rope, and pile of explosives aside the depot.  Triggering the explosives resulted in a rolling cascade of combustions that lasted minutes. The resulting blasts destroyed the Brood and convinced Snotbog of their appreciation of his patron Deity, The Great Kaboom. He pledged his return to the Savage Legion with the full might of his Kobolds.

Other acts of unimportance transpired through this day, but it finally came to an exhausted end. Sorrow and regrets provided cold comforts as the forces of Maud’madir found whatever rest they could.

August 4th, 2261, Amaranthia, Various Locations.

The fates of two Firstborn were uncovered. With Suvant’s fall, a path into the Deadlands was uncovered, and several adventurers delved inside to investigate. It was said that this area of the Deadlands was devoid of even ghosts, containing the Draconic spirit of the Firstborn Oblivion. What happened inside was unclear, but what is known is the recently awoken Oblivion made an Ajaunti man by the name of Ivan his herald in the mortal realm, while giving his Mark to an Orc named Java Aquari the Haunted Hand. Atop the mountain known only as Terror Mountain, other adventurers found a group of Gnomes that lived there. Contained within was a giant brain and heart, kept alive by Gnomish machina. It was revealed that a long time ago, the organs in question belonged to an unknown Dragon who was mortally wounded by Ta-Ba-Ret. The Gnomes could not save the Firstborn fully, but kept his consciousness alive with their ingenious devices. They named it Zog. If the adventurers could help the Gnome known only as The First Talon of Zog harvest Cindamite Brood organs to fuel the machina that kept Zog empowered, they would agree to aid the forces. The organs were collected, and The First Talon of Zog made good on his Gnomish brethren’s promise. He unleashed upon the forces of Arthos a fine blue dust that would greatly lessen the effect of Ta-Ba-Ret’s Draconic acid spray.

Those of the Savage God following and Draconic heard of a golden acorn containing what was thought to be a new God. This acorn, taken by the white squirrel of the World Tree, was sought after by the Goddess Sybil to release the being inside. On the Draconic side, Styphon wished to give it to Ixiad in exchange for the Green Dragon Suulazultsur’s phylactery back to his care. The altercation between the Savage and Draconic culminated with the arrival of an Elder Brown Drake of Nidhogg attempting to consume the bit of the World Tree inside the Prism. It was slain by Sybil and many others, including Cayde, bearer of one of her emerald hunting spears. In the end, the acorn’s whereabouts became lost in the fight. Two Wild Elves, Revion and Sheala, Cleric of Sybil decided to return with their Goddess as Guardians of the World Tree, evermore.

The Brewlord Clan were contacted by Warchief Grundella the Untangled, and urged to gather all Greenskins with haste. The location of what was believed to be the First Axe of War from the prophecy of the Savage Legion was uncovered. Trudging through the jungles of Amaranthia, they found Orcish forces fighting off gigantic Brood of all shapes and sizes. Hundreds of Orcs were laying down their lives to create a path towards and through an ancient city of Goblinoid design. The Brewlord Clan and their allies ran ahead and into a deep tomb that was sealed behind them by Kobold Kabooms to buy them time to search. Within, they found the mummified body of an Orc, holding a gnarled axe. Warboss Wigzozz Teeftaka’ of the Brewlords was chosen to take it. As he grasped the handle, a green haze began to encircle the Greenskins. What happened next is uncertain, as the Orcs all seemed to fall into a trance. Their eyes moved, but I could tell what they saw was not as I did. I saw their leader hold the axe and mouth the words, “Finish what the God of Thunder started.”

The cavern was breached by powerful Brood, but the Orcs ran headlong into them, bloodlust in their eyes. Each fought with the force of ten or more of their companions, seemingly bolstered by the spirits of their ancestors. As they fought their way back to the Prism Discordia, it was clear that the First Axe of War had been found; a tool with the power to disrupt the magic of a Dragon. The Prophecy fulfilled they waited for the Savage Legion to arise and save them only to quickly discover they did not need saving for they were now the Savage Legion.

Meanwhile, two ancient Archangels of Ga’more, before his gruesome death by Ta-Ba-Ret, were found by both Light and Dark followers. The Angel that came before the Dark followers gave them a means to summon it during the coming battle against the Brood Dragon, and promised to find a new Deity to serve by the end of it. The Angel seen to by the Lightfollowers was captured by Archbishop Roderick Hale, who performed a miracle to bind its service to Roland. They informed our adventurers that they had the power to force Ga’more into his true Draconic form. This was the only way to truly defeat him.

The real battle was about to begin.

Part 2 to come:

- Battle of Ta-Ba-Ret
- The Party!
- The Death of Imrik
- Liberation of the Emperor
- Betrayal of the Church Of Light
- The Death of a Princess
- The Escape
- The Aftermath

This topic was modified 5 years ago 3 times by Dave Ruckus

Posted : 19/08/2019 11:47 am