Question regarding ...

Notifications
Clear all

Question regarding Tag Skills

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

What exactly counts as a tag skill?  I've been given several different answers on this, and would like some clarification if possible. 

1.  Tag Skills only refers to single use (per purchase/day) skills purchased with CP.  Stuff like Flurries, Executes, Dismembers, Spell Slots etc.  Stuff that will appear on your character sheet.

2.  Any ability which is limited in use that you have access to in some fashion, aka a daily magic item or a once ever ability on your spirit granted by a ritual.  The rulebook does say that tags are supposed to be handed out at log for magic items, but I have literally never seen this happen. ("A magical item that recharges itself every day. Usually indestructible, but not always, these items must be brought to Logistics for renewal of tags.")

So, for example lets say I am hit by Nausea and for some reason my only tag skills are 3 dodges. 

Nausea: Monster attack delivered by packet or carrier attack counts as a disease. Target is overwhelmed by nausea or sickness and cannot run or use tag skills. The duration is 10 minutes, unless removed by any means that removes a disease from the target.  

Can I still activate and use abilities granted by magic items and rituals on spirit, or is just my dodges that are locked away?

Active PC's:
Tawgh, Firbolg savage and Aspirant of Zseria
Raven, Wild Elf of uncertain origins

1 Answer

Magic items count as tag skills when considering whether they can or cannot be used. So if you are nauseated, you cannot activate a magic item. I can't speak to why an individual guild might not be doing this, but any magic items or spirit-things with a per day effect should have tags handed out at Logistics. If it should have a tag handed out at Logistics, like a tag skill, it cannot be used if tag skills cannot be used.

Share: