Question thread for the 2016 rulebook(s) update
Hey folks, it's been requested that I create a space to answer questions about the upcoming rulebook edit. All our rulebooks are getting an edit this year, with the core rulebook receiving the most attention. I can't go into too many details but I'm happy to answer general questions if anyone has them.

Some highlights of this edit are:

- A power boost to the Healing and Elemental Sphere
- All elves minus high elves will have Resist Psionics replaced
- A new frag race (Elemental) will be added.
- Additional levels to mysticism will be added
- The ranger class will get a boost in power

Plus many more changes and tweaks. We plan to release a draft rulebook in about a month along with a change log.

Everything posted in this thread is subject to change in the final release.
Edward Watt
Underworld LARP Canada - Co-Founder
Guild Jericho : General Manager
Email: comments@larp.ca
(03-08-2016, 02:11 AM)Arkayne Wrote: Hey folks, it's been requested that I create a space to answer questions about the upcoming rulebook edit. All our rulebooks are getting an edit this year, with the core rulebook receiving the most attention. I can't go into too many details but I'm happy to answer general questions if anyone has them.

Some highlights of this edit are:

- A power boost to the Healing and Elemental Sphere
- All elves minus high elves will have Resist Psionics replaced
- A new frag race (Elemental) will be added.
- Additional levels to mysticism will be added
- The ranger class will get a boost in power

Plus many more changes and tweaks. We plan to release a draft rulebook in about a month along with a change log.

Everything posted in this thread is subject to change in the final release.

Hello, I would like more information on the additional levels of mystism, if they are ready enough to be spoiled.  Thank you.
Don't have much on mysticism yet, mostly concepts. We'd like to expand on the use of the Deadlands and include group "rituals" that are done via seances. We'll be working on it when spells/class/races are complete.
Edward Watt
Is Trapsmithing still on the table?
Any insight into Wild Wlf changes?
(03-08-2016, 06:35 PM)JamesA Wrote: Is Trapsmithing still on the table?

Indeed, it's coming up after the alchemy review. Our goal is to streamline the system to make it more appealing.
Edward Watt
(03-08-2016, 07:56 PM)Matthew-Weaver-Ralinwood Wrote: Any insight into Wild Wlf changes?

They're getting two changes. The first is making their hated enemy (optionally) more of a chosen enemy, similar to the witch-hunter "hated sphere" change. No stat changes but the "hated" party is optional RP. 

The second is the removal of resist psionics and addition of a new racial called "Nature's Cache", which is a temporary camp for the wild elf and up to 4 allies. It provides 4 separate benefits to everyone within it.
Edward Watt
(03-08-2016, 10:41 PM)Arkayne Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 07:56 PM)Matthew-Weaver-Ralinwood Wrote: Any insight into Wild Wlf changes?

They're getting two changes. The first is making their hated enemy (optionally) more of a chosen enemy, similar to the witch-hunter "hated sphere" change. No stat changes but the "hated" party is optional RP. 

The second is the removal of resist psionics and addition of a new racial called "Nature's Cache", which is a temporary camp for the wild elf and up to 4 allies. It provides 4 separate benefits to everyone within it.

!?
whats going on with my beloved dark elves
Guildhouse: Zenithstrand
Name: Lorelai Horne
Character: Branwen Ferona the Domina of House Ferona
A Dark elf who wears her trials with pride
(03-09-2016, 06:31 PM)Corvin Wrote: whats going on with my beloved dark elves

They're my beloved too and they got some long overdue love.

We changed the "no 3 count preperation" for alchemy because it wasn't getting positive feedback through our playest. Instead, all dark elves can now through gas globes even if they don't have any alchemy skills. This enables all dark elves no matter their class to use offensive alchemy.

Like all the other elves (minus high elves), resist psionics was removed. Dark elves can now coat their blades with an alchemy similar to the existing Vorpal recipe which does a large (read: LARGE) amount of damage on the next strike. It's considered an alchemical coating, as per the rule. This is 1/day/purchase.

Lastly, we tweaked the darkness requirement in their racial disadvantage. Now any dark elf can receive healing like normal after being inside an enclosed structure for 10 minutes. The disadvantage still operates as it did before in regards to times and healing limitations, but now you can bypass those limitations much easier. 
Edward Watt