Poll: Should Water Breathing be replaced?
Yes, replace it
No, keep it
[Show Results]

Should the spell water breathing be replaced?
Level 2
Elemental Sphere

Water Breathing
Incant: "I invoke the Elements to grant Water Breathing."
Duration: 10 minutes
Description: This spell will allow the target to breathe water as well as air. This spell does not grant any other
ability, such as the ability to swim, or see under water.
Edward Watt
Underworld LARP Canada - Co-Founder
Guild Jericho : General Manager
Email: comments@larp.ca
Too situational to be useful in my opinion. There are a handful of them between each of the Spheres that are situational that can be replaced with something better really.
i'd like to see the effect stay in game but maybe as a low tier alchemy
perhaps a boost in versatility? an air bubble that can be used in more enviroments? or filter out a gaseous attack?

I find that we use water breathing 3-4 times a year out west, there are never enough when you need them but your grateful when you have it.
Lord Dailan Flamestrike, Vizier of the Fell Lands, Last Vizier of the Arcane Academy, Duke of Flamestrike

A black robed figure trimmed with red. Holding a glowing staff
It seems to be most common in Ralinwood.
It is a hard ability to rep. Either you are in a situation with "pretend" water based on a mod, or you are in an actual watering hole, but can't actually stay submerged.

It is just to specific a spell.

Hey, what if the whole sphere did Elemental damage instead of Magic...I'd love that.
(09-09-2015, 09:30 PM)EvilRob Wrote: It is a hard ability to rep.  Either you are in a situation with "pretend" water based on a mod, or you are in an actual watering hole, but can't actually stay submerged.

It is just to specific a spell.  

Hey, what if the whole sphere did Elemental damage instead of Magic...I'd love that.

Happy to discuss it in another thread but summary is I'm making changes to elemental. In fact some have already been put into the edit.
Edward Watt
Underworld LARP Canada - Co-Founder
Guild Jericho : General Manager
Email: comments@larp.ca
i would replace it and give it more effects like it gives you an aura of ari for water and aura of ice ect to resist certain types of elemental damage for ten minutes
Impossible to cast when you are actually under water. Useless most of the time. Would be a fantastic as an alchemy. I had a similar thought recently.

Suggestions for improvement.

Elemental Empowerment
Incant: “I invoke the elements to inflict empowerment.
Duration: 10 minutes
The next elemental magic that hits the target of this spell will be doubled in power.
Any offensive spells do double damage. Any durations will double; examples: swampwalk, six seconds a step instead of 3, Dominate Lesser Elemental lasts 1 hour. Elemental blade will swing six times instead of three. Greater elemental blade will be useable against two enemies, one after another, instead of just one, or it may be used on two weapons held at the same time. The spell will backfire and cause no effect if the caster casts this spell on their self.

or

Crack Armor
Incant "I invoke the elements to crack your armour. 20 armour damage"
Duration: Instant

This spell calls upon the elements to weaken your enemy's armour. It will cause 20 points of magic damage to your target's armor. This damage will not affect a target’s body points. If this spell hits a wooden or ironbound shield directly it will shatter but not cause any damage to the target. This spell will do the equivalent in body damage to any elemental it hits.

I worked with a few people and put together a write up intended to improve elemental magic earlier this year. I was going to bring it up during the off season. Should I submit it now?
Here's an idea for a Level 2 Elemental Spell:

Elemental Whip
Incant: "I invoke the elements to inflict Elemental Whip"
Duration: 1 minute or until used
This spells calls upon a large elemental whip to grab something for you at a distance. It grants a single Physical pull with +2 Strength towards them and ends, allowing you to grab enemies or friends to safety.

Makes it still a non-damaging spell that works both offensively and defensively, also teaches PC's/NPC's to run towards those pulls.
UW Chapter: Jericho
Character: Oswald
Name: Chris B.