To Viv and Ivy
"...now how does this thing work again?...hmm....huh?...just...start talking to it and that's it?...huh...never understood this Skein gate stuff...-clears throat-...To Ivy and Viv, just wanted to let you know I made it back to Ralinwood safely, I hope you both managed to make it home safe as well. I hope we can still keep in touch in case we ever plan to visit each others homes...I miss you both already...hope to see you both again sooner then later, your friend and fellow Gnome, Wizwik......is...is that it?....I hope they get it.."
"Hi Wizwik! And Ivy! I don't know what happened - I kind of passed out during a fight against the Brood - fighting in the SUN, what are these surface walkers thinking? -  but I woke up back in Jericho without burn marks, so I guess I have that riggerock rolling for me!

"Also I can't find my chess set. I know it was a poor imitation of what we have back home, but if you find someone who sells springs and chesswits and a good granglehorn in the right size, next time I swear I'll build one that'll be just like one freshly not-blown-up from home!

"And, um, I already miss you Gnomes too. It's hard to suddenly have to go back to trying to explain things their way to them - or not explain things, because they start hitting me when I get too complicated for them. But a bunch of Avians are in Jericho now, and they're interested in some things, and it's so nice to be able to talk - well, it's not like talking to other Gnomes, but it might be there soon. Maybe. Hopefully.

"I'll contact you through more secure means later, if I find something good to report on, like that device I showed you except without - wait, secure contact means!"
Home Guild Jericho
PC: Tienna Freefeather, Human Farmer
PC: Viv, Gnome Tinkerer
"Wizwik again, trust me I've looked around and Ralinwood is far to new to have any Gnome parts, I've been having to recycle my older projects to make my new ones, I might just have to take a quick visit back to the Undermines to restock, I'm even low on screwks for gizzles sake!~ The most basic of parts!...-sigh-...oh well, I still have that..'Blue Coin' you gave, havent stopped fiddling with it, keeps reminding me of home.

But I for sure understand how hard it is to go back to talking more like a surface worlder...I mean shit the only thing people really understand what my devices do is compairing it to magic of all things..bleh~..I may be taking in some apprentices to get them knowing at least the basics, nothing Gnome tech level. Just Pre-school level of Tinkering. Hope we hear from Ivy soon. OH and the chess set we left by the Tavern in Day'ten, remember by that water canister?. Hopefully someone can get it to you.

For now I hope Ivy gets our thoughts soon enough, cant wait to hear from you all again...Wizwik out, Glory to the GLS!"
"Oh, if anyone finds the chess set, could you send it back to me, Viv, the Gnome in Jericho? It's not a true chess set and perfectly mundane, so you can rattle it around with accidentally detonating something.

"And, um, I hope we can still talk like this - is this okay according to Law because I mean it's going to take us a while to figure out a non... magical... way to communicate... uh, G-Glory to the GLS!"
Home Guild Jericho
"Cant see why not, I noticed through all this stuff others do it, so we cant get in trouble for talking like this. Although I dont think we have the funding or the security to keep a telecomunulator system running without someone or something cutting or disrupting the comicon wires, plus it doesn't help that Ralinwood is on an island and I dont have any Guba gear to set up anything underwater. I threw the bit about the GLS in there for Ivy to enjoy hahahaha~

Oh that reminds me, we did all agree to work together when outside the Undermines, we should name our small little organization just in case other Gnomes tend to surface and they need some help and the like"
Four's quiet, child-like monotone replies through the gate,

'Oh. Non-gnome Civili are strange in other lands too, then. Do not worry. The Handlers are not mad. Directive has been followed. But, the Handler's preferred closing remark is 'Puhdista Suojata'. The common Civili translation is "clean and protect".'

Ivy's almost pained sigh can be heard through the gate. "Shut up, Four."

'Oh. Okay.'

Four goes quiet, and Ivy continues, "My travels home have not been as smooth as I'd hoped. Wizwik, Viv, It's good to hear from the both of you. I don't think it's wise to rely on this gate as our means of keeping in contact though, especially given the current situation with the brood. If they're as intelligent and organized as is feared, it will only be a matter of time before they overrun our kingdoms, start destroying the Skein gates to prevent re-enforcements... I think it's a good idea to create and maintain an alternate method of contact, if at all possible. I know such tinkering technology exists; the GLS has done something like that before. However, doing so would require us to find a way to track the temporal displacements caused by teleportation -- and also intercept and manipulate the signals. To do so, we would need to acquire a de-magno stabilizer. Possibly other parts, as well. I don't know if I'll be able to acquire one myself. Keep an eye out for one in your travels."

"No such luck with your chess set, Viv. If you find it, and we get the chance to meet again, we should sit down and play a game."
Player: Kim Barron
Guild: Zenithstrand
2016- 2017 Shaper, Lead Weapon/Armour Marshal for UW: Zenithstrand.

PC: Ivy Quicksprocket, gnomish "Knight"; not quite Designation IV, the logical runaway GLS experiment.
"IVY!! Its so good to hear from you! You too Four! Really glad to know that all the Gnomes at the Summit made it home in one piece. Hope this doesnt turn into a cluster-crag of messages trying to catch up on things we say. I thought about using the air-wave type communication, but with all the magic and skein activity it would surely wreck havik on the aether scrubbers. It would be need to be re-tuned nearly every ten minutes to get a clear signal, hence why I thought to resort back to older tech using physical cords and the like for mechanical stability, but I already stated my problem with that with my past message. I dare say we might even need to resort to simple paper and pen to get private messages out...but with all the ships being pulled into the fight against the Brood even that might be a problem...and I could almost count on the Skein dominion getting SUPER pissed off at us if we tried to re-cajiger the magic of the gates to a stable private frequency....hate to say it but this might be our only way of communication even with how risky it might be to use...plus it always makes my head feel fuzzy after using it...although one thing we might have overlooked, if the Skein Gates can transport people, think we could maybe trade some parts between each other? also a group name is something we could use as well....I was thinking the Overminers"
'The Overminers seems like an adequate designation for such an organization,' Four chimes, 'But tinkering and magic rarely remain stable when used in close proximity, much less simultaneously within the same device. Such modification of a Skein Gate is not recommended and a possible violation of directive.'

Ivy sighs, then pauses as if mulling over in thought. "If we can send each other parts, though... Yes, that is something to look into. That may work."
Player: Kim Barron
Guild: Zenithstrand
2016- 2017 Shaper, Lead Weapon/Armour Marshal for UW: Zenithstrand.

PC: Ivy Quicksprocket, gnomish "Knight"; not quite Designation IV, the logical runaway GLS experiment.
"Fair enough Four, hence why it was a simple suggestion rather then me actually going through with it, plus if I tampered with Ralinwood's skein gate...I would be dead real quick. Glad you like the name though Four...it's to bad there isn't a way we could contact the Undermines and even perhaps send reinforcements or even some spare battle gear for standard GLS units.....speaking of GLS....um...Ivy...why does your signature say...runaway GLS experiment...what happen?" -Spoken in a worried tone-
"Now I'm worried... I mean, aside from war and apparently our different places are clearly going to get all stab-happy with each other once the Brood issue clears up, but...the Brood are tunneling cretins. Has anyone gotten word of the home situation? Do they burrow that deep?"
Home Guild Jericho