Iron Will vs Sleep and Paralyse
Quote:This ritual makes the target immune to any mind affecting effects from any source for the duration of the ritual.

This is a ritual so normally it wouldn't make a ton of sense to post here, but there are now a bunch of werewolves with Iron Will. Does Iron Will cover Sleep or Paralysis?
I am the Jericho player of the wild elf Lark. Rulebook/Wiki Editor and Ralinwood Shaper for 2017.
Gmail: cmercerrun (for wiki questions).
For rulebook questions, please use the global rules forum.
Do not contact me via Facebook.
If it counts as a racial then I wouldn't see why not. As the high elf resis psionics works in a somewhat similar fashion. However, would a skill from a template/ritual count a a Racial? Because if not then no.

Resist Psionics (Purchased): Allows the user to “Resist” any effect from the Psionics Sphere of Magic as well as all Charm-based attacks. Charm-based attacks are considered effects which change your emotional state or control your mind in any way. This includes effects such as fear, berserk and controlling your friendship and loyalties. Effects that control your body, such as sleep and paralyze, are not considered charming magics, however they are effects within the Psionics Sphere of magic and thus an elf could resist them. Specific examples of charms are a Hobling’s Taunt ability, a Bard’s Songs of Aversion and Love, the following alchemy: Confusion, Charm, Enrage, Feeblemind, Forget, Hallucinoid and Puppet, the spells Hallucinate, Charm and Forget plus Ritual charm spells and monster effects which are charm-based. This may be used once per, day per purchase.
The question isn't whether it's racial. It's whether Sleep and Paralysis are mind-altering. Iron Will makes you immune to mind-altering effects, not psionics.
I am the Jericho player of the wild elf Lark. Rulebook/Wiki Editor and Ralinwood Shaper for 2017.
Gmail: cmercerrun (for wiki questions).
For rulebook questions, please use the global rules forum.
Do not contact me via Facebook.
Well what is classified as a mind altering effect? If it's spells/effects that won't work on undead, then they both are.
The distinction that I have always used is mind-affecting includes Sleep and Paralysis, as they affect the mind (then subsequently the body). A Wood Fae's Charm Break cannot be used defensively against a Sleep or Paralysis, because it can solely be used against Charm-based effects, whereas a High Elf/Stone Elf's Resist Psionics also includes the phrase "...any effect from the Psionics Sphere of Magic..."
Adam Petković
New Player Liaison at Underworld LARP: Jericho
((PC Email: NWTSP@hotmail.com))

Jericho: Gigoliath the Flame Thrower (Ogre)
Ralinwood: Blank (Faceless)
Ashendael: Om'un Rohgu (Ogre)