An Emperor's Plea: A Family Shattered
Citizens of the Empire,

These are dark days; the transition from kingdom to empire has not been an easy one. Age, experience and, I dare say, wisdom have taught me many things since we first started this just venture. Mistakes have been made along the way and if I could do things over, I would do them differently. Firstly, I should have killed Leopold the moment I laid eyes on him during the first summit of peace. I was a fool to believe peace was attainable through diplomacy and parley; I put too much faith in the intelligence of Tiefanue. Many have said that as a leader I am faultless, but this is not true. If I posses a fault it is my love for my children above all things. My sons and daughters are the stars in my night sky and I would do anything in my power to keep them safe and see them happy. Leopold knows this and has exploited this father’s love for his own political, and military gain. He tore my daughter from me, kidnapping and subverting her against her own father, only to cruelly abandon my child AND GRANDCHILD, on a Brood infested continent, leaving her broken and devoid of allies. Were it not for the bravery and dedication of a few Empire citizens, she would be dead and his plans complete. What greater crime can there be than to pervert an innocent daughter’s love for her father and use it as a tool in his treasonous ambition?

I urge you, faithful citizens of my Empire: the words of the princess are not her own. She has been brainwashed by our enemies, and worse still her own child, my blood, has been ripped from her womb. Imagine if you will what that must be like; it is a condition no mortal should have to suffer. It is no wonder she speaks with a devil’s tongue against her own flesh and blood, against her family. She has been taken with the mania and thus her words should be given no credence.

Yes, Ga’more is a problem; one the Empire will deal with swiftly and without mercy. Louisa claims that the Firstborn Shiloth, in the guise of my own loving wife, will divide us. This is is simply not true. She is mad and her mind broken. As proof, we accept this temporary peace with the Church of Light disguised as the Whiteraven Alliance, and with our age old enemies the Sons of Sprawn. Let them fight on the front lines to slow the horde of Brood so that Empire casualties may be minimized. It makes no difference to the us. The Gods and Dragons will judge them for their crimes against us and we will remain after all are dead.

Finally, my offer to any loyal citizen of the Empire still stands: bring my daughter home, alive and unharmed, and I will see you granted your heart's desire. Title, nobility, whatever is in my kingdom to offer. It shall be yours.

Lousia,

My daughter. Your words are treason yet my love for you is so great that I cannot bring myself to judge those crimes. You have been misled by those you mistakenly trusted and I beg you, as your father and your emperor, give up this fool's errand. You are loved and missed by your family. Your stepmother is distraught, not due to your hateful words to her, but instead out of worry and love for her daughter. I know she can never replace your mother, but she loves you and cares for you deeply. We just want you to come home. You have my word, all will be forgiven. I will make those who hurt you pay for their crimes a thousand times over, or I will forgive them as well should you but ask. Just please, my daughter, my evening star, come back to your family.

His Imperial Majesty,
Emperor Louis Berphaunt
David Ashby
Underworld LARP Canada - Co-Owner
World Shaper Lead: 2017